| ||Playing around with the site, I was! I was!|
Posted by Kuro-chan - August 31st, 2008
You might have noticed a change on here. In which case, good.
- Lots of updates in the Guest Ranks section! At least 7, maybe more pages thrown on.
- The Sidebar has been changed. No, the ranks have not disappeared! (Otherwise, what is the point of Kuro-RPG...?) Clicky on the "Kuro's Ranks" button to take you to the regular selection.
- A new section has been added to "Kuro's Ranks", bringing the individual sections up to "6". Feel free to look through and see what suits your interests.
As for anything else... LATER! ... I want sleep now... Zzz...
| ||... Updates? Naaah!|
Posted by Kuro-chan - August 13th, 2008
Actually, yes. There is a new rankset on the forum in use. You can click here
to take a peak if you wish to. I wouldn't mind. Honest...
Some fixes/updates were made to Rank Pages, Links and Fanmail... And especially the Donation page. I did not realize I mistakenly put down someone twice for a donation... Oopsie. I won't complain either if you want to look... Honest...
Ranks for anyone and everyone! Wheee!
| ||A... Forum?|
Posted by Kuro-chan - August 5th, 2008
The new Kuro-RPG forum is accessible via the top button on the side bar. Feel free to click and explore, though there is currently little to offer on the site. Also, there are probably still little settings here and there that still need tinkering / adjusting. It is still a work in production. Patience, please.
Ranks for all!
| ||Holy Fudge Nuts! An update that took less than two weeks to occur!|
Posted by Kuro-chan - August 3rd, 2008
Little updates can be found here and there. The biggest one is an overhaul of the Babylon 5 rankset. The "Revised Edition" now uses a 2-piece rankset where you combine 2 images to create your custom design... Hopefully it is the sort of design that might make JMS proud...? (But do not worry... I left the older, more dated version on the site still).
And for some good news... Marriott's Site is only temporarily down and should be back up soon once he gets back home and gets it working again. We can insert a "Yay" here as one of the biggest rankset legends is still sticking around.
Happy Mew to all.
| ||I hate bad news... I really do... |
Posted by Kuro-chan - August 1st, 2008
Special thank you to Presley Ferguson (Website
) for pointing out a very ugly error in my Bajoran Silver ranks. Apparently, I had saved one of my images as two different names, and it ended up overwriting the proper one. It's been fixed. I think what amazes me more is how old the set is (2+ Years)... And now someone caught my boo-boo... Wow indeed.
I also found another very ugly error in the TNG Special Edition set. It looks as though I misaligned the Provisional O-4 gold pips when I was putting everything together (Which is very possible when trying to do 1,000 rank images in a single day). ... That has been fixed as well.
Speaking of TNG sets, there is an Alpha Channel Test done up using just the TNG Special Edition red background. If the feedback is practical and positive enough, I would be able to finish off the series (Oddly enough, this series would be much easier to finish than the DS9 one... That is still a heavy project to try and finish.)
Now for the bad news... I do not know how long ago all this happened, but I was looking up some of my competition (Which I like to do because I am curious) and I could not find ANYTHING on Steve Marriott's old RPG-Insignias site. The regular website address is clickable Here, but I cannot get it to work. I also cannot get any information on Brian Minosh and his classic work. These guys' work can still be found everywhere and it worries me to see a couple of the original legends disappear like this. Granted, there are probably lots of archives all over the place, but with the root sites gone, it feels like a huge chunk of rank-making history is suddenly... gone. If anyone has any information on this, I would be privileged to find out what is going on, please and thank you.
Bonus: I updates the Links pages, removed dead ones and added a couple special ones too.
Happy ranking, everybody.
| ||Ah, the joys of being a weirdo... yay. |
Posted by Kuro-chan - July 28th, 2008
It's amazing how long a dead link can stay on the website for before someone notifies me of a boo-boo I made. In the Retro Ranks section, there is a dead link to one of the DS9 sets. That has now been repaired. Thank you, Josh, for catching that for me.
| ||Me = Still Alive? I like to think so...|
Posted by Kuro-chan - July 22nd, 2008
- There is an extended Alpha Channel version of the Future Imperfect series, complete with 10 different department colors... Why anyone needs 10 different department colors, who knows.
- ShiFt has a new set up in the Guest Ranks section... Well, not exactly "new", but very complete.
I think I may have lost some emails. If you had emailed me in the last while and have not received a reply, feel free to try again. Thanks.
Update: I also received the following comment as a result of posting the new Future Imperfect ranks.
Thank you for putting up the Future Imperfect Complete Set. As a fan of your work and a Star Trek fan I find your site indispensible for all my Star Trek comm badges needs I have nothing but respect for your artistic skill. Keep up the good work. One of your fans,
Arron Branston AKA Arron Terial
| ||Happy "Middle of the Month" Day.|
Posted by Kuro-chan - June 15th, 2008
- Special thanks to Micheal Garcia for chipping in another donation.
- Hadouken_Dude's latest flash contributions can be found on his page. Two new entries: Sprite TV 2 and Four Swords Misadventures #5
- Shadow Warrior Luke's comic has seen another update. Page #28 is up and on the site.
- A new rankset has been made but there is no page for it yet as currently there is no generic set. There has been a lot of effort, thought and consideration put into this one, despite the few number of images there are. It has been one of my more difficult sets to complete. The demo for the rankset can be found here
As for me, I have not been dilligent in answering emails lately. I will try to catch up with them when I can. For now, please enjoy what is currently available on the site.