| ||I know I know... I have not wrote anything recent... so shoot me...|
Posted by Kuro-chan - October 26th, 2006
There have been a lot of fun updates on the site. Mostly oddball things, but any and all oddball things amounts for fun, true?
- Information and Links pages have both received considerable updates. However, the Information page is not finished and should have some more information added soon. As for the Links page, well... It's NEVER done! Heh.
- Lilredhead of Enterprise Flashed now has a section on Kuro-RPG containing his work with E:F. We have added 4 episodes and 2 specials, all of them worth watching.
- Hadouken_Dude is up with his latest flash project: Four Swords Misadvantures #3. This was absolutely hilarious and exciting to watch when I saw it, so I dare you, the fans and browsers of Kuro-RPG to check it out in the Guest Flash section. Once again, the site got special mention in the credits! (Does happy little victory dance in some random corner where everyone can hear me, but no one can see...)
- We had forum troubles yesterday, but those have been cleaned up, and everything is working again.
- Also, if you have a chance to, please check out USS Pharaoh. This is a long-term project which looks VERY interesting. An impressive project for Trek fans.
| ||The Update page got an update!|
Posted by Kuro-chan - October 2nd, 2006
With new colors, new siggies and new opportunities for me to complain about the world and how much work ranksets can be at times... Well, here I am and here it is!
- ENT Rankset page has been fixed. It no longer opens up a new page for rankset viewing and the one "Admiral" page was fixed too.
- A new Romulan rankset can also be found on the site. The pips were re-designed to suit the needs of an approved client... Just don't ask about the one extra rank. It was not my idea...
| ||We have Battlestar Galactica Ranks!|
Posted by Kuro-chan - September 24th, 2006
No really! I seriously mean it! Kuro-RPG DOES have BSG ranks. Click right here
if you don't believe me. Or you could click here
, or even here
if you still do not... I am not kidding at all!
Actually, a lot should be on this post, given how there was a considerable number of updates since the last time I posted. To start with, the Rankset contest is over and we have winners (But no losers, since there were not enough people to enter for there to be a loser... therefore, everyone is a winner, just like life)! ... The winners of the Advanced Hall competition already have their entires up on the site. I am waiting on some content from the Beginners Hall before I can post their stuff.
- Battlestar Galactica ranks are up. I am absolutely serious when I say they are up.
- Hanaukyo Maid Tai ranks are up now. Beware though, as this is not your average Klingon rankset. To cross your fingers and prepare for the worst, click here.
Also, we are still looking at trying to do a security update for the forum. This project has not been forgotten, but just not been quite as important lately. If you wish to see this site's forum survive and be open to as many members as we can somehow register, feel free to contribute to this quaint cause. The demonstration of your apprecation for the site is always a welcome one.
Posted by Kuro-chan - August 2nd, 2006
I am sure many of you are looking for web hosting or forum hosting... if so, look below:
Hosting 4 Free, a services of 4 Free Networks, offers a variety of hosting from free to paid hosting and we even offer reseller hosting. We are aiming to provide web space to anyone that requires it and will not turn anyone away.
- Our Free packages start out with 20 megs of space and 200 megs bandwidth.
- Paid hosting starts at $2.00 a month or $21.60 a year. We also offer the ability to upgrade as you need.
- Sign up now at http://hosting4free.us.to
- Visit our main site at http://4freenetworks.us.to and see what else we have to offer.
Any member of Kuro-RPG that registers and contacts us at firstname.lastname@example.org before August 15, 2006 will receive ad-free hosting for a period of 6 months
- Mike Mendez
Note: This special message has been approved by Kuro-chan, given Mike Mendez has been a considerable help to Kuro-RPG the last few months.
Posted by Kuro-chan - July 30th, 2006
It has been two weeks since the last update... That must mean I am actually updating...? Gah! What am I doing?! What am I doing?! I am upd-- ... oh wait... I am SUPPOSED to be updating... Okie okie, self-panic attack is over. I can get back to actually discussing WHAT kind of update this is:
- Movie Era ranks got a considerable boost with over 1,000 new ranks. There is now a second section called the "Movie Era Sleeves" which focuses on other part of the Movie Era uniform. I know there are still a few things missing, like some of the enlisted sleeves and the service pips, but that will be taken care of soon enough.
- DS9 Era, Duty Style #2, Dress Style #1 and #2, Alternate Style #1 and the Line Template all received a special service today. As of today, they all have Ambassador ranks. Unlike the Future Era and Alternate Style 2 sets, however, these are single-rank sections, and should be handled accordingly. I do not plan to expand these ranks as it was hard enough to get the Ambassador pip to look good.
- The update page now includes a random selection of banners linking to some premium and established sites showing the best in artists and trek-lovers combined.
- TNG rankset has been updated to properly work on the site and has been expanded to include the full run of enlisted, warrant and provisional ranks. I still only plan to have 3 department colors, however. The ranksets which still need a run-through are ENT, TOS, TMP, and Future Era.
And just to scare me that little bit more... I did another rank count. There are currently 17,199 available ranks on the site.
| ||Under Construction, but getting closer to done!|
Posted by Kuro-chan - July 16th, 2006
Four Donations Today!
You guys must love me!
Our Wonderful donators today are (In order of when I received them)
- Heidi Hutchinson
- Tom Farr
- Shawn Terry
- Lee Skevington
You guys are wonderful! Many thanks to you, and of course our donators of the past who have helped in keeping this established website healthy.
Special Guest work has been put up on the site. Look under Kevin's Custom Rankset for insight on what creation he designed and I assembled.
Movie Era Rankset has been updated and include 2 more non-canon color schemes. Feel free to browse through them.
| ||Under Construction, but getting closer to done!|
Posted by Kuro-chan - July 16th, 2006
Hmm... So someone actually had the underdeveloped nuts to hack into the forums again and delete my own account. Fortunately, I fixed the problem in 20 minutes, but it still leaves me wondering just who would waste such time on such a pointless endeavour. Dumb children these days...
The Alternate Style page had some problems for a while. Those have been fixed. If there are any missing rank images, feel free to let me know.
Hadouken_dude's latest flash is now online and available on the site. Sorry it is late though, due to my internet problems...
| ||I'm ... Still... Under Construction... Sorry!|
Posted by Kuro-chan - July 13th, 2006
Okay, you children with the extremely undersized dicks need to realize there are more worthwhile things to do in life than hack a forum. First off, this does not affect me in the slightest. This forum has been down before and it may even go down again, and it is completely irrelevant. We'll come back strong and anew again, with lots of posting to do.
One piece of good news. I should have a solid connection back in the next week or so, thus I can get back to updating the site again! ( ^ - ^ )
Thanks for your patience, people. Let's get hurrying along to making this the best rank site around.
| ||I'm ... Still... Under Construction!|
Posted by Kuro-chan - July 3rd, 2006
Chaos and mayhem ensued for such a considerable amount of time... it leaves me to wonder just what the heck really happened.
First off, there was the hard drive failure, where I was unable to write anything to the hard drive which had all the Kuro-RPG content on it. Granted, the smaller hard drive was doing fine, but it was full because it had my operating system and a few other necessities. With some assistance from two brave donators, I was able to afford a replacement and I finished the data transfer a couple days ago, leaving me with the opportunity to start working on the site again. As promised to those who helped, however, I am updating the Donation/Donators page first, giving both Lee Skevington and Tom Farr credit for helping me out. Many thanks to you guys!
The problems did not end there, however. I am having considerable trouble connecting to the net... the DSL connection and service was fine for a couple years, but about a month ago, I started randomly losing my connection up to the point where the only time I can get online is around 2-7am... Does someone want to explain to me why I should pay full price for a ridiculous window of service?! I have already been in touch with the provider and I was told that someone would be looking into the lines. That was 10 days ago. I need to get a hold of them again...
Sometime down the road, once my net connection is running at full strength, I plan to do a couple changes to the email service at Kuro-RPG. I plan to create one general account which the entire forum team can access. Essentially, for any form of requests, questions, etc., anyone on my admin team will be able to access the email and speak on behalf of Kuro-RPG. In the meanwhile, if you still plan to email me at email@example.com, there is an attached code you need to enter or else the email will be deleted. The code is 12345. Enter that, leave a space then enter in your email title.
The chaos is not over, but I am making progress.