Posted by Kuro-chan - September 11th, 2005
To say this is a big update is certainly a complete understatement. Because of considerable problems involving my server, Firefox (which seems to be coming a popular broswer) and frames, I have removed the entire frame schematic and have redesigned the site to incorporate a non-frame style. I'll summarize the following updates in addition to the redesign:
- Finished the Navy Blue colour scheme for the DS9 Duty, Dress #1 and Dress #2 rank templates.
- Gave most pages special title images instead of using plain yellow text.
- Updated the Links pages, adding more on and taking off a couple.
- Reorganized the entire Rank page. Well... It's safer to see for yourself what it looks like compared to me describing it.
Paul Slusser of Meggido Projects has donated to Kuro-RPG. Many thanks for your contributions.
| ||Pretty lights...|
Posted by Kuro-chan - September 5th, 2005
I would call today a "Casual Update" day at the Kuro-RPG. The following has been taken care of:
- Added additional pages to the 2395 rankset. The rest of the Ambassador Ranks have been completed (As in the other 10 colors).
- Added a "Navy Collar" Section to the Alternate Style Rankset, bringing the total color count to 12. The DS9 Duty, and 2 Dress Variants will get their update soon enough.
- Overhauled the "Links" page and seperated the Bravo Fleet sites into their own section.
After all those pretty lights, sleep sounds good... Zzz...
Posted by Kuro-chan - September 3rd, 2005
Today has been a big day at Kuro-RPG. As of today, Kuro-RPG and Bravo Fleet are officially partners in the common theme: To enhance the quality of online Trek Role-playing. Bravo Fleet is the largest online RPG simm board, dedicated to various Trek and Non-trek role-playing. They assist with a large number of online taskforces, starships, starbases and other simms. They have officially registered with us at the forums, so with any luck we should be able to hold discussion with their staff.
In addition, we also had another unexpected registration at our forums. Tim Brazeal, founder of Trek United, has also joined us on the forums. Tim has long since been a personal idol and an inspiration for the Trek community at large. (He is also as close to a celebrtiy as I'll ever get to meet. )
Eventually, Kuro-RPG will add special pages to help promote Bravo Fleet and Trek United.
Posted by Kuro-chan - August 20th, 2005
Aside from minor changes to the information and link pages, there hasn't been a whole lot going on with the websites. Essentially, all the ranks I wanted to work on and post on the site are done. I'll consider suggestions for new rank sets in the meanwhile. They can be left in my PM box on the forums or you can contact me by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted by Kuro-chan - August 13th, 2005
To start off, yes I know it has been a while since my last update, but between two rank projects (One I cannot post here yet), my real life job and other things, I have been tied-up and away from making little changes to the site, like I tend to do on a regular basis.
- Complete Romulan rank system has been attached to the side bar (Between the Line Template and Misc. sections, near the bottom of the list). This system includes 8 uniform styles seen through TNG/DS9/VOY and well as 2 uniform variants seen in "Nemesis". Thank you to Guyver3 for the suggestion.
- Andrea Holmes now has an email account with Kuro-RPG. If you need to contact her via email, she can be reached at email@example.com The information page now contains her contact information as well.
- Jane Sanders took an leave of absence from Kuro-RPG forums, but now she has returned. Thanks to all who were concerned with what was going on.
One additional concern of mine. This is more of a nitpick than a serious problem, but for the people who keep telling me they are going to donate, please either do it or do not. Please stop leading me on. Thank you.
And to change the mood... Lookie! It's a pink NX-01.
Posted by Kuro-chan - August 7th, 2005
With the "Donations Wars" continuing on, Kuro-RPG (as in me) has focused on more rank-making. This time, the latest update is 29th-century ranks. I will admit, the image background was a trial for me to get right, but I was impressed enough with how it turned out. Most of the rank designs are non-canon (A lot of them are unusual guesses that I hope look alright.) Thanks to Brad
once again for his valued assistance in making this work. He suggested the enlisted system that is in use, and has been looking forward to 29th century ranks on here for quite some time. (Although I never got the reason why).
Posted by Kuro-chan - August 6th, 2005
The "Donation Wars" are still continuing. New contestants are always welcome to join in and "Participate". Also, Jane Sanders of the Kuro-RPG forums has taken an extended leave of absence. I don't have the time to take care of the forum, unfortunately, so I have assigned Volak to Jane's duties for the time being. I know he, along with Andrea Holmes (Resident Signature Master) and Williams (Resident Sim CIC) will be able to keep the Kuro-RPG forums active.
- Enterprise ranks got a background facelift. All the rank backgrounds were updated and look considerably brighter than they did before.
- Dress1, Dress2 and Alternate Marine ranks have been updated finally. This also includes 2 extra available ranks in the Enlisted sections.
Posted by Kuro-chan - August 3rd, 2005
It's a donation war at my site, and everyone is invited to participate. I am saying that since I received donation #2 from the Kawaii Neko Fleet
's own Changer of Ways. He is an admin and dedicated player, always a team member you can count on to help keep the story going. Many thanks, and may you continue to kick some serious butt on the site.
Not a whole lot else at the moment, aside from some updates to the Donation and Links pages. Those pages continue to grow larger as more people become involved with this project.
Posted by Kuro-chan - July 28th, 2005
I have added a small (or large, depending on your interpretation) update. MACO ranks are now on the site, and ready for downloading. Thanks to Brad
for his extra help in speeding up the design process. At the rate he's going, I'll have to give him a section of his own soon enough.
Posted by Kuro-chan - July 27th, 2005
Today has been a quiet update day, sorry to say. Just to clear up some confusion in yesterday's update, I mentioned the enlisted ranks had been updated in the DS9 collars. I meant to say the "Duty Uniform" collars were updated. The other three styles still need an update.
- Mirror Universe Template was updated. Replaced all the Enlisted ranks (E4-E9), plus added on a Fleet Admiral rank(O-11).
- Got my first donation finally. A big "Thank You" To Tim Brazeal for such a large and generous contribution.