Posted by Kuro-chan - July 27th, 2005
Today has been a quiet update day, sorry to say. Just to clear up some confusion in yesterday's update, I mentioned the enlisted ranks had been updated in the DS9 collars. I meant to say the "Duty Uniform" collars were updated. The other three styles still need an update.
- Mirror Universe Template was updated. Replaced all the Enlisted ranks (E4-E9), plus added on a Fleet Admiral rank(O-11).
- Got my first donation finally. A big "Thank You" To Tim Brazeal for such a large and generous contribution.
Posted by Kuro-chan - July 26th, 2005
Early days at work do have their advantages. It means I can get on here and do more work for the site. I managed to get a lot done and complete two large templates.
- All the Future Template pages are up and running.
- All the Dress2 Template pages are up and running.
- The DS9 Marine Enlisted Ranks have been updated, based on the Line Template prototype designs. (So to summarize, it got a facelift and two more ranks added on.)
I have replaced the alternative style ranks with the future style ranks (2395+) on the entire Kuro-RPG forums. They are now considered the primary Kuro-RPG rank pips. Kuro-chan, you have outdone yourself once again!
Posted by Kuro-chan - July 25th, 2005
I often wondered if I should write a blurb on how to be evil, but I think I'll pass on the idea this time. This was a long day at Kuro-RPG and in the end there have been a few administrative changes in our forums. Personally, I think things will work out for the best.
- Future Ranks have received a further update. All the ranks are on the site, but not all the pages are done yet. The Silver pips, Marine Officer and Marine Enlisted pages are up and running, however. I'll get the provisional pages done when I can.
Posted by Kuro-chan - July 24th, 2005
I figure this will be a bit of a blurb as well as an update. I woke up this morning and immediately got started on making more ranks. I was given a request to work on a template for a Stargate Atlantis rpg forum (I think it's an RPG...), so I spent the better part of the morning working on that. After finishing the color departments and a basic run of the enlisted structure, I took a break from it and put my efforts back into the future ranks, at least until I heard something back from the people who wanted them. I had been working diligently on the future ranks (all 11 colors at once.) when I had the lucky privilege of chatting with our forum resident and Global Mod, Andrea Holmes. She's a fairly nice person and a bit of a kitty at times. (Which I can't complain about, since I tend to act in a similar way). She helped cheer me up a little, which is all good and helpful. Thanks, Andrea.
To summarize what was done to the site:
- Future ranks are here. The Officer and Enlisted pages are now up. The rest of rank images and pages still have to be made.
- Added a couple more links to the links page, including the beginning of a banner exchange program.
- Fixed a couple more small bugs on the site. It seems like every time I turn, there is another "tiny" problem with one of the pages.
Posted by Kuro-chan - July 23rd, 2005
More fun awaits you in this land of ranks.
- Future Style Sample posted here
- Brad, the leader of the NX-03 Discovery RPG, found a bigtime error in my Enlisted pages under ENT, DS9, Dress Variant #1, and Line Template (and it feels like half a dozen others at times). Those have all been corrected now. Thank you.
Posted by Kuro-chan - July 21st, 2005
Another update in 2 days after a brief absence sure makes for a return of trends... At least I think so, but then again, I am not even sure what I am trying to say. Maybe it means I am trying to get back into the habit of making regular updates as I try to make this project a success.
- DS9 Dress Variant 1 section is now complete (with 7 different rank styles per collar color.)
- I proposed a suggested change to the Enlisted and Line Officer Marine Ranks on the forums. (The proposed change can be found here, Grades E0-E9 and here, Grades O1-O6. Since it has been approved by those who took a look, I'll be filtering it into the existing templates (DS9 Duty, Dress 1, Dress 2 and Alternate Style.)
Posted by Kuro-chan - July 19th, 2005
Funny thing called life and work can tend to keep me away from the site once in a while, so instead of trying to do big updates, I focused on little updates to try and keep things going.
- Original Series Ranks are up and on the site now. There are a total of four different colors used (Red, Yellow, Green and Blue), each with line and flag officer ranks.
- Added a couple more links and fixed another error on that same page.
- Updated the Parasite Eve Forum ranks; added the Moderator ranks, even though they are not officially used at their forum.
Posted by Kuro-chan - July 9th, 2005
Enterprise Ranks are up and on the site now. I included four styles altogether, including a dress uniform variant.
- Corrected an error in the Links page. Apparently, I had one site up twice.
Posted by Kuro-chan - July 6th, 2005
If people thought I was finished with updating the site, I might have agreed with you for a total of five minutes. Safe to say, however, that the site is not completely finished. I am still adding additional rank pages.
- Updated the "Links" page, added a couple more links to sites that use the rank template here.
- Updated the "Banners" page. I found a couple of evil typos which were quickly corrected.
- Partially completed the "Dress 1 Variant" and "Dress 2 Variant" sections. For the meanwhile, the marine templates in 11 different color divisions are finished and available for viewing, downloading, etc.
Posted by Kuro-chan - July 5th, 2005
... Before I scare everyone, why don't I mention what I have managed to do up today with the existing site.
- Updated the "Links" and "Information" pages, which included a warning for Firefox users. I still plan to create a non-frame version of the site so Firefox users won't run into that irritating white page with the fancy dancy Japanese characters throughout it.
- Added the "Donation" page so RPG'ers, forum admins, browsers and all-around nice people can help contribute to the work of keeping this site up and running. We're all nice people, right?
Something very interesting caught my attention today (And put a really big smile on my face). If you look here at the Trek United links page and scroll all the way to the bottom, you might notice we have a nice big banner in one of the most important Trek websites out there. Many thanks to Tim Brazeal for being the great guy he always has been.